Sunday, December 2, 2007

Musings...

1. When you enter the BREAK-UP Hotel, you'd see on its mirror TWO FACES:

First...A face who smiles and fakes it.

Second...A face who frowns and shows it.

In just one environment I saw both.

One is a cheerful, optimistic and neutral person
who spends time doing her responsibilities and talking to his boyfriend on the phone.
I should have warned her. Her boyfriend's status and age are telltale signs.
I just once told her "Be careful when the fourth month comes".

Then she started sending heart-breaking text quotes.

And now she isn't neutral anymore...she belongs now to a group...
she's still optimistic...she still smiles...her fantasy is gone.

"My shattered dreams and broken heart
Are mending on the shelf
I saw you holding hands
Standing close to someone else
Now I sit all alone
Wishing all my feelings was gone
I gave my best to you
Nothing for me to do
But have one last cry"


Then there's this girl...she belongs to the socialites' circle...very kikay and nice person...
I could still remember her sweetest smiles whenever she would tell me of this somebody who would give her "kilig to the max".

One day...I lose track of what was happening...then I just noticed her gloom.

Now...she doesn't even smile always anymore...
her genuine smiles and laughs are snatched away by the jerk.
Curse the guy,whoever it is.
That is the downside of love. So be careful in choosing.
Choose not based on superficial reasons...but on the ultimate ones.
Do not enter a relationship just for the sake or heck of it.
It might just wreck both of you...your friendship...even yourself.
I tell you... it might affect you all your life.

2. There's the fairest weather after the storm.

After the tandem storms Mina and Lando wreaked havoc in this Philippines, I just woke up to see the clearest sky that I ever saw this year. It was cloudless; it was just a whole span of heavenly blue hue, like staring at a baby's large clear blue irises in his eyes. And the northeastern monsoon bringing the coolest winds of the year.

The moral? It goes like "There's a rainbow always after the rain."

I mean, when you experience something painful, unpleasant, forgettable...just remember that something beautiful will eventually come to your life. When you're hurt, you may not understand what I mean. Give yourself time. Then you'll eventually discover what is that good thing in your life.

3. Love still turns the world around...even makes it upside-down.

I never thought this friend of mine in college will be softened by this four-letter word. We would still reminisce about that moment when he told me about "her" and I reacted with a loud half-disbelieving, half-surprised "AANOOOOOOOOOHHHH?!?!?!?!?!

One Monday morning at Ate Eva's (UST Main Bldg. Fourth Fl. Branch), I learned that while I was agonizing over my corporal punishment for gluttony (a.k.a. throwing up+diarrhea+loss of electrolytes+stomachache), he was satiating his need for "love". HAHA! I never thought he would soon feel that mushy feeling. Mushy, mushy feeling...He was such a toughie person, an atheist-wanna-be, then he would be jelly-legged and too emotional whenever he remember a secret that was disclosed to him.

So, everyday I could see the power of love being exercised on this big big confused guy. And my perception of him is also radically changed. How could such a toughie person be soooooooo affected with one single secret? Such mysteries of love and life.

Therefore...I conclude: never ever judge a person too soon. Just as our Logic teacher has told us: "When you judge someone, you stop knowing that person."

Hmm...phenomenological statement.











No comments: