Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The Teaching System

No..the real title is "Okrador", hahaha
but I'm just protecting myself from scrutiny so I think I must think of a reason why it is the title.

One: This is about my teachers...
Two: My teachers are boring...well just a few...and I don't like the teaching.

I do understand their TRADITIONAL WAY of teaching...
But HELLOOOOOH, each Psych student pays around PhP 3,000 per sem as fee for a three-unit subject alone.
I have 29 Units of subjects... so that would be around PhP 21,000 (I'm sorry I don't wanna calculate it'll take too much time haha I hate even simple arithmetic....).

I wouldn't pay that for teachers who:

...I don't see much in class.
(So, ganoon ba kamahal ang presensya nila?)
Except if the teacher is very good...very intellectual.
That alone will compensate...like Sir Gonzaga.
He knows well what he is teaching.

...Those who don't even use the PC's and the built-in LCD of the room.
(Eh di decoration lang 'yung mga 'yun???)
Well except for the teacher who is a walking book already.
Like Sir de Guzman. In Nuroanatomy we subsisted only on his lecture. No multimedia, just his drawings of the parts of the CNS. Still the best.

...Those who want US to teach ourselves through reports. (Nagbabayad ba kami para i-grade kami sa reporting?)
Sir Gonzaga and Ma'am Cris are examples of those teachers who loves class reportings.
Still they supplement the reports with thorough examples and clarifications.
Those are interactive. Those are alright. Except this one:
Well I know another teacher who bases h_ _ quizzes and exams on our reports. (hai...galing...)

...Those who would only go to class to chat with us.

OMG naman...

But I wouldn't mention those who failed us... but the good profs must be given due merit.

All the Psych teachers.
The Filipino teacher who loves talking. Patay di makatapos ng isang chapter in three meetings. But AT LEAST SHE TOTALLY EXPOUNDS ON THE TOPIC.

There's someone whom I do not like her style.
This teacher has the most number of critics...

This teacher's nice BUT I hope she teaches properly from now on.
Even the book of that teacher is erroneous.
The subject is notoriously boring but it can be transformed into something more interesting. What is the use of the LCD? Tsk..tsk... "Sayang..."

Okay maybe that's it... I hope I wouldn't encounter those kind of teachers in the future.

No comments: